An initiative led by Volunteer Social Cohesion Advocates and Powered by The Department of Sport, Arts and Culture
For more information on the Up We Go Mzansi Creative Competition please go to https://www.upwegomzansi.org.
1. Get Talking:
· Up We Go Mzansi are focusing on the theme “Speeches that changed our World” showcasing short film remakes of South African speeches that brought great impact: Thabo Mbeki’s “I am an African” and Zozibini Tunzi’s 2019 Miss Universe speech on women empowerment. These are produced by BTE Network in partnership with South African celebrities and influencers including Peggy Sue Khumalo, Stella Dlangalala, Tumelo Don Mosenye and Rose Hall.
· Up We Go Mzansi encourage youth-focussed community-based organizations/schools/
2. Up We Go Mzansi Creative Competition
Entries in the following creative categories are accepted:
o Word (spoken word: speech/poem/story)
· The Up We Go Mzansi campaign is excited to share these entries as a way to continue positive messaging and igniting of innovative ideas for change throughout our country.
· All entries must reflect the Up We Go Mzansi mission statement: a movement calling every person in South Africa to harness their collective talents and strengths, and to move South Africa upwards together.
· Entries to be submitted through either the Up We Go Mzansi WhatsApp line +27 61 543 7290 or emailed to email@example.com. Entry assumes agreement to competition Terms and Conditions (found on website)
· For more information on the Up We Go Mzansi Creative Competition please go to https://www.upwegomzansi.org.
· Prize money allocations are as follows per category:
o 1st place = R25,000 (prize money per category)
o 2nd place = R12,500 (prize money per category)
3. Take Action
Finally, the campaign encourages all people in South Africa to share their ideas and challenge one another to Take Action where they can; ideas that will take us individually and collectively upwards as a nation! Let’s share our stories and skills, so that more people can find the pathway to achieve their goals. Have a look at the Take Action page of The Up We Go Mzansi website to find out more and be inspired!